Are you part of the 25% of people that replace their toothbrush every 3 months? Congratulations if you are!! But if not why not start today! Go ahead, go to the bathroom, grab that old and familiar faded and frayed bristled brush and TOSS IT OUT! Okay a little dramatic but really it is important to your Happy & Healthy Smile!
Those frayed bristles can not only damage your gums, but they don’t clean as well as they should. New bristles are rounded so they do not scrape our gums or the enamel on our teeth. but as we use our brushes, just from normal wear & tear, the bristle tips wear and become jagged and uneven. This is when they can begin to scrape and do the damage.
So, there is potential for damage but obviously they don’t clean as well either. Grab your brush, take a quick look! Are your bristles going every direction but straight up? If so, it is TIME to toss! Those bent and frayed bristles cannot get between your teeth and up against your gums where all the plaque is thus leaving it behind…doing its dirty work…starting tooth decay and gum disease.
Time for one more reason? GERMS – BACTERIA – FUNGUS Now these three words should get your attention and should propel you into action! Toothbrushes are a breeding ground! Below we have included a great article about your toothbrush, bacteria and what you can do to win the battle! Replacing your brush every 3 months is one major step! With other steps in the interval that can also help keep your brush clean.
NEWS FLASH – Get a new brush after having the flu, a cold or sore throat! Don’t re-infect yourself!! Those germs can still be hanging on and around!
Our desire here at McGlone Dental Care encourage you! It is NEVER to late to start a good dental routine! It’s a New Year of Happy & Healthy Smiles! Schedule your appointment with us today. We would love to be a part of your journey!
*Information from Colgate.com
Flossing is the great disrupter! In the removal of plaque from your teeth there is no better way! According to the ADA, cleaners that can be used between teeth, such as floss, are extremely important to the health of your gums and teeth.
By flossing twice a day, everyday, you are removing food particles that cannot be reached with your toothbrush no matter how long or hard your brush! These left-over food particles can and will cause plaque build up in between your teeth!
Plaque? What’s plaque? Plaque is a sticky substance made of food particles and spit that can build up on and between your teeth in between brushings. Plaque build up can be a major problem because there are approximately 500 different bacteria, some good and some not so good, that are mixed in! Plaque is a major contributor to tooth decay and gum disease!
Schedule your appointment TODAY and McGlone Dental Care will be glad to show you the correct way to floss and answer any questions that you might have!
It’s never too late to begin a “Flossing Routine” Twice a Day, Everyday!
You can check out the article by clicking below.
*Information provided by the American Dental Association (A.D.A.)
2019 – THIS is the year that I commit to healthy eating, getting in shape, getting my finances in order and visiting the dentist more than I ever have!
Umm … huh?
At McGlone Dental Care, we know it’s about priorities. That’s why we like to think of dentist visits as Happy Smile Visits!
Not everyone includes dental visits as New Year’s resolutions. But just about everyone includes something about smiling more often, being happier and getting healthier. And we want to help you achieve at least those resolutions!
The folks here at McGlone put together an easy-to-follow guide to the New Year of Happy Smiles!
- Get to the dentist … we know, we know. Sounds easy, right? But just like the gym, showing up is the hard part. And we make it easy … just call us! Whether you have insurance or not, we make it affordable and comfortable.
- Brush your teeth differently … try it for two minutes, two times a day. We PROMISE your mouth will feel better and so will your smile!
- Please. We understand flossing is the probably the most misunderstood and underutilized path to a great smile. But it works … just try it … two times a day. Your teeth will thank you.
- Cut back on sugar. Heard that before? Of course you have – but here’s an easy tip to make it easier … simply put less sugar in your coffee. You’ll get used to the difference and it will have amazing effects on your teeth, gums and breath!
- Quit tobacco. We would be silly to explain why because you have already heard all the reasons. But we wouldn’t be good at our jobs if we didn’t remind you. Mouth cancer sucks. Really.
- Buy new toothbrushes every 90 days. They get old … like tires, spinach and milk. You really will feel the difference.
- Toothpastes are different. Some are simply better for your teeth – like some spaghetti sauce is better than others. Some mouthwashes, hairsprays and dental flosses are better than others. Use the good stuff.
Don’t worry … we’ll help you through all this … in the next few weeks, we will address each one of these in more detail! Sounds fun, right!
Trust us. We know. Dental advice can be seen as dull and bland. But it doesn’t have to be, and we want to make sure it’s more than that … it’s YOUR smile, after all.
And we’re serious about helping you making it happy and healthy. We are here for you.
A New Year – Healthy SMILE & A Better You!