New Year’s Resolutions
THIS is the year that I commit to healthy eating, getting in shape, getting my finances in order and visiting the dentist more than I ever have!
Umm … huh?
At McGlone Dental Care, we know it’s about priorities. That’s why we like to think of dentist visits as Happy Smile Visits!
Not everyone includes dental visits as New Year’s resolutions. But just about everyone includes something about smiling more often, being happier and getting healthier. And we want to help you achieve at least those resolutions!
The folks here at McGlone put together an easy-to-follow guide to the New Year of Happy Smiles!
- Get to the dentist … we know, we know. Sounds easy, right? But just like the gym, showing up is the hard part. And we make it easy … just call us! Whether you have insurance or not, we make it affordable and comfortable.
- Brush your teeth differently … try it for two minutes, two times a day. We PROMISE your mouth will feel better and so will your smile!
- Please. We understand flossing is the probably the most misunderstood and underutilized path to a great smile. But it works … just try it … two times a day. Your teeth will thank you.
- Cut back on sugar. Heard that before? Of course you have – but here’s an easy tip to make it easier … simply put less sugar in your coffee. You’ll get used to the difference and it will have amazing effects on your teeth, gums and breath!
- Quit tobacco. We would be silly to explain why because you have already heard all the reasons. But we wouldn’t be good at our jobs if we didn’t remind you. Mouth cancer sucks. Really.
- Buy new toothbrushes every 90 days. They get old … like tires, spinach and milk. You really will feel the difference.
- Toothpastes are different. Some are simply better for your teeth – like some spaghetti sauce is better than others. Some mouthwashes, hairsprays and dental flosses are better than others. Use the good stuff.
Don’t worry … we’ll help you through all this … in the next few weeks, we will address each one of these in more detail! Sounds fun, right!
Trust us. We know. Dental advice can be seen as dull and bland. But it doesn’t have to be, and we want to make sure it’s more than that … it’s YOUR smile, after all.
And we’re serious about helping you making it happy and healthy. We are here for you.
A New Year – Healthy SMILE & A Better You!